Amoxycillin and Potassium Clavulanate Tablets
- Amoxicillin is a broad-spectrum semisynthetic aminopenicillin antibiotic similar to ampicillin except that its resistance to gastric acid allows higher serum levels with oral administration. Clavulanic Acid is a semisynthetic beta-lactamase inhibitor isolated from Streptomyces.
- Combination of Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid is frequently prescribed to fight antibiotic resistance by preventing their degradation by beta-lactamase enzymes, expanding their spectrum of susceptible bacterial infections.
- Amoxicillin/ Clavulanic Acid is indicated for the treatment of:
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
- Otitis Media (middle ear infection)
- Skin and Skin Structure Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections